terça-feira, abril 04, 2006

My iPod by the Numbers

16 = number of complete box sets on it

18 = complete albums by one artist (not a box set) (Joni Mitchell)

3 = number of complete albums by Men without Hats

2 = number of songs by these artists
Andrea True Connection
Blue Swede
The Archies
B.T. Express
China Crisis
David Frizell & Shelley West
Dead Milkmen
Die Prinzen
Disco Tex & the Sex-o-Lettes
Dynamix II
EBN-OZN
The Knack
Len
Patti Page
Patsy Montana
Pretty Poison
Sweet
Ta Mara & the Seen
Thomas Dolby
The Turtles
Ultravox
Young Rascals
Zeca Pagodinho

2 also equals the number of versions of songs like
I Don't Know How to Love Him
You Spin Me 'Round (Like a Record)
Take on Me
Come on Eileen
Stairway to Heaven
Something in The Way
East St. Louis Toodle-Oo
...and others

1 = number of Disney film soundtracks

1 = number of Michelangelo Antonioni film soundtracks

4 = songs called "Heart & Soul," & none are remakes of the others. (T'Pau, The Cleftones, Joy Division, and The Monkees)

1 = number of Edwin Starr songs (& it ain't War, neither!)

1 = Number of Ethel Merman Disco Albums

1 second = shortest track (a Simpsons soundbite)

46: 50 = longest track ("Gondwana" by Miles Davis)


1098-1179 - dates of Hildegard von Bingen, whose works are the oldest on my iPod to which a certain composer can be attributed.

4 Comentários:

Às 3:28 PM , Anonymous Anônimo disse...

I'm curious what the "other" songs are from Patsy Montans and from David Frizzell & Shelly West.

I'm only really familiar with one apiece there.

No Heart & Soul from Huey Lewis & the News? What will certain other Iowans think? I can already feel the outrage...:)

 
Às 12:15 AM , Blogger Saravá! disse...

Hey, I have "Hip to Be Square" _and_ the soundbyte about Huey from _American Psycho_.

I assume the Patsy Montana you know is: "I Want to Be a Cowboy's Sweetheart" I also have "That Silver Haired Daddy of Mine" (I downloaded both for free from amazon.com!

David & Shelly: "You're the Reason God Made Oklahoma" and "I'm Gonna Hire a Wino to Decorate our Home," which is technically him solo, I think. My Dad actually owns an 8-Track of their first release.

 
Às 11:17 AM , Anonymous Anônimo disse...

Ahh!

I'm Gonna Hire a Wino was a song I grew up on - not because my mom told my dad she was going to perform the title action, but because the local country station liked three songs - "I'm Gonna Hire a Wino", "All the Gold (in California)", and "Margaritaville."

Good times.

 
Às 8:17 PM , Anonymous Anônimo disse...

I figured it out "Só a antropofagia nos une!" is taken from "Manifesto Antropófago". I'm actually quite proud of myself, it was driving me crazy you see (inwardly actually so I guess you would not see, but that's not the point). Oh and keep on enjoying the i-pod and music. It doesn't surprise me anymore that Matt is a song genius! He's pretty much smart all around.

 

Postar um comentário

Assinar Postar comentários [Atom]

<< Página inicial