sábado, janeiro 08, 2005

Film Fest

I need to go return some DVDs I rented the other day. I got Latter Days, which deals with a gay Mormon, and The Weather Underground, a documentary about the 60s-70s radical left group who bombed "symbols of American oppression and imperialism."

Both films were very interesting and rather well done, but neither were the finest in their genre I have seen. Granted, the guy who played the Mormon in Latter Days was exquisitely cute, but you didn't get to see enough of him. ;)

I wish I could have heard more from the people in the Weather Underground, although many of them did participate. So many people equate "not agreeing with government policy" with "hating America," which is the kind of bullshit logical leap so many people seem to make effortlessly these days.

I want to get something else to watch before school starts up next week, but I can't think of what else I might like to see. I also would rather not get caught like the last two times I went to Hollywood Video. The penultimate time I went, there was a very long line with only one person working. Last time, there was a short line, but the people in front of me were doing very complicated transactions, which made me have to stand and wait forever. Bleah!